Thursday 26 September 2013

Thursday Last and Today

 

So last week was a whirlwind of work and fun, Thursday, last (I love saying that) was a poya holiday, so my friends and I decided to posh it out by going to a tea house, or rather a tea lounge, so we ended up at the Dutch Hospital in Fort, don’t let the name fool you, its not really a hospital now, rather a very beautiful area to hang around, you’ll find quaint restaurants, tea shops, shops and place to just hang around.

Its like you literally walk into an area where the past and the present are an ecletic mix, with the older buildings in the Dutch Fort area and across the road the World Trade Center, all metal and urbanized right infront of it.

So we ended up there early waiting for the rest of the gang to show up and ended up moving onto the dilmah t-lounge, since it was a poya we had to call ahead and see if it was open, and yes it was (thankfully) we had hoped to go to the museum unfortunately it was closed.

Anyway the tea lounge was fantastic, the service excellent and the tea menu was to die for.

And after we headed over to the Galle face, walking, sniggering at the numerous couples under  umbrellas and salivating over the not so healthy stuff being sold here and there.

So after we caught a cab and headed for the colombo book fair, just let me say this was a mother loving RUSH, so many books and stalls no way to buy them all (oh the woes of a book lover).

So I managed to find a few books and run, but unfortunately not getting a way to say good bye to my friends proper like because of the crowds.

So that’s what happened last Thursday, this thursday has gone to the bloody dogs, I’m bored as a librarian in a boiler room, and I’m itching to write some thing, I originally planned to write more in this post but, I just cant find the motivation, and guess what –_– its shark week for me again…grr..

Till next time

ever the bored and frustrated,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment